I am confident in saying that my facials go way beyond your typical facial experience! They are a mix of many different techniques I have learned over the past 10 years.
Many people (myself included) have turned to ancient wisdom in a search for that deeper connection and to get a break from our busy lives.
Ancient cultures around the world used crystals, herbs, essential oils, smudging, chakras and meditation. Modern people are turning to these ancient beliefs in the search for simplicity, connection, greater meaning and a higher purpose. I try to incorporate as many of these into my treatment as possible.
I see facials as more than just a way to get glowing skin. During a treatment, you also experience relaxation, stillness, touch and smell. I guide you into a relaxing and meditative experience.
I decided to add sound to my facials after a meditation class. I felt so good afterwards and knew this was the next step in helping my clients to relax even further.
The theory behind the singing bowls starts with the pure sound they produce. Sound is just vibration going through matter. ie: when we hear a sound, it is a result of molecules vibrating. Also when we hear a sound we don’t just notice it in our ears. We feel the vibrations through our entire body.
When the singing bowl is placed over the 7 chakra points, you can feel the vibration throughout your body. People have said they have felt an immediate sense of calm and relaxation.
Here are some of the benefits that sound may have:
Promotes the flow of energy or “Qi” in and around the body
- Opens the energetic pathways, alleviating stasis and relieving pain
- Relaxes muscular tension
- Relaxes adrenals, relieves stress and equilibrates the whole body
- Promotes sound sleep
- Promotes deep and balanced breathing
- Calming as it facilitates balance and homeostasis in the body
- Stimulates the body’s healing process
Benefits to the Face:
- Improves collagen production
- Improves muscle tone
- Helps reduce sagging
- Helps eliminate fine lines
- Helps diminish larger wrinkles
- Helps reducing double chin and lift drooping eyelid
- Tightens pores and brightens eyes
- Increases blood circulation
- Improves facial colour
If you would like to know more or experience a facial with me, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.